Sunday, March 6, 2011

Good Lord Don't Give Up on Me!

I know I know - I did it again! I completely disappeared and I'm sure you all thought that I'd gone the way of most eager beaver new bloggers - a clever name tied up in an abandoned space (tear). BUT NO I swear I really am here and I really will be good about this! And to prove it here is a quick recap of what I have been baking and doing instead of blogging!



There were Red Velvet Eyeballs for Halloween (my personal fav holiday!) and a Smores Pie for Thanksgiving (Huge hit with the family - a classic childhood treat all grown up!).

I made Banana Bread for a lazy weekend and Espresso Brownie Bars (with white chocolate topping and a sprinkle of cocoa powder for flair) when we had guests come by during the holidays.



Not only was I busy baking but also making Holiday memories with the BF and squeezing in a Pink Champagne cake for NYE - because clearly we needed more Champers that night! 

I got the honor of baking probably the most important Birthday cake of my life to celebrate my Nanie's 90th (an absolutely amazing woman who I love dearly - I also made a "Rum" cake and lemon sables but have no documentation so seriously - just trust me)
And somewhere in there the BF and I managed to take a trip down to New Orleans to see a wonderfully historic city and - you know might as well since we were there - run another marathon. That brought my total to 2 (woo hoo) and the BF's to a whopping 4 (not to mention they are all in different states - done unintentionally he is really just that cool). 

So I promise even though I was being selfish and not sharing my baking/life experiments they were still going on - and now I miss this special space enough to come back to it and make it mine again. 

Stay tuned for the next adventure - def coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment