Monday, November 1, 2010

WHOOPIE

Okay - so before I start this post I need to apologize in advance for what I am going to try and pass off as delicious food photos.

I think everyone will be very understanding and overly sympathetic once they hear my well crafted tale...
So a long while back the bf got it in his head he was going to run a marathon...and he did and it was good (3:19...not too shabby and he doesn't brag enough so I will do it for him..brag brag brag brag). Around this time I was running fun little races - a 5k here maybe a 10k and some 8ks sprinkled in for good measure. My idea of a monster race was a 10 miler which - is pretty monster. 

So after the bf did one he liked it so much he decided to do another - and for some reason ( still unbeknownst to me) I decided "Hey great idea - after your 2nd marathon (cough ROCKSTAR cough cough) want to run another one? But this time WITH ME?"

He said yes...I got excited...then the race got closer and I wasn't excited...I was nervous and anxious

We decided to have our families over after the race...so I decided to channel my nerves in a very responsible and productive way... Whoopie Pies

But not just one kind noooooo no...its not like I had 26.2 miles on my plate the next day or anything...

Nope I was going to make three kinds... I made pumpkin and chocolate and my plans for red velvet were tossed to the side because I got too tired to make more and I needed to sleep because the next day

We did this...


1. Disregard the Proof thing
2. Notice that it is still dark and that we are smiling (me more specifically) - this means that it is BEFORE the marathon

Then we did this for 26.2 miles...


And finally - after I thought I would never ever make it - I got to do this...


Yes see I crossed the finish line - I did it! With much thanks to the bf who endured my "woe is me" attitude for the last 1000000 miles and our families who came out and sat in blistering heat (that is not an exaggeration - look at the weather from the Chicago Marathon 2010 - blistering) to see us for mere seconds (they were very motivating seconds guys!)

Finally we went home to drink this...


And eat these...


Pumpkin....


And chocolate...

The end...see why I forgot to take pictures of the yummies and why the red velvets got the can?

Thanks for understanding and letting me toot my own horn (toot toot!) More food and less storytime in the next post, Girl Scout honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment