Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Last of the Birthday Treats

So for the BF's birthday one dessert obviously isn't enough! I decided to make a portable treat to bring to his "Birthday Party" at our local watering hole. Something simple and delicious would be right on the mark for our lovely and unassuming neighborhood joint so I decided on these doughnut muffins.

They start off as a super thick true-to-form muffin batter and if you look closely you can see the delicious fleck of nutmeg throughout. This lent a subtle spice that made these "muffins" Birthday Special.

Once combined, the batter is spooned into a greased muffin tin and left to do its business. 

I then set out to make the frosting - which I have no pictures of because it broke (real bummer). After beating the hell out of it I got something closer to a chunky frosting then a smooth chocolate glaze but it still tasted good and our venue of choice was dark so I just went with it


Blue sprinkles finished them off and as you can see from this picture the muffins were literally finished off as well. I would have more pictures but I was too busy spending time with him...



Next will be something surprisingly easy for how delicious it turned out - Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment